Monday, January 24, 2005

Oh Dear God

I probably shouldn't be ranting on my birthday, but I saw something watching daytime today that made me think about the biblical signs of the apocalypse...

Ellen DeGeneres has a DJ.

I hope this is as much a shock to you, dear reader as it is to me. I mean not only because she is whiter than I am, but because this is ELLEN! Now, I actually thought her stand-up was decently funny, but this travesty must be put to an end now. Her DJ doesn't even get to talk, all he does is put on a song for her to dance to. This bothers me, because everyone with a talkshow that has a band or musical director, or whoever... they all let them talk. Even the guy who played the Sax for Emeril got to squeeze a BAM! in now and then.

Another point to ponder is... what kind fo sellout is this guy? He doesn't do any scratching or create new beats, he just puts on a record, I don't want insult this guy, but he's the human equivalent of a Winamp playlist. I just hope that guy has a real strong underground vibe, but is a struggling artist so he wakes up at 10 AM so he can 'spin' for Ellen. oy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home