Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Isolated But Still Together

Now Playing - Sic Transit Gloria by Brand New

WANT A JOB??
That's right, if you live in the Toronto area and you want a job working for Maverick Research, working alongside such luminaries as myself, you can now apply. We're looking for ten people to start as soon as possible, earning 9 dollars an hour in what is, in all honesty a pretty fun job with flexible hours. So if you want more information, please drop me a line at BigNiceJohn@gmail.com and I'll get back to you with all the application information.


So there's not one big thing on my mind, but I do have a bunch of little rants to get of my chest. I find myself watching a bit more reality tv than usual, and I seem drawn to the fight shows, specifically The Ultimate Fighter and The Contender. Listening to these guys talk about their sublime skills to beat the crap out of someone else, I'm surprised to see how many of them say that Jesus had a part in it.

Now, I don't really want to get down on Jesus, but he really doesn't strike me as a guy who'd engage in a fight for money, although I hear the Romans were pretty good at that sort of thing.

Baseball season is here again, and the the first time in a long time, the Jays are undefeated. I was watching the Yankees-Red Sox game the other night, and for some reason, directors of sporting events think we want to know which celebrities are in attendance. Donald Trump was sitting next to Regis, and I can only imagine what ungodly menace those two were cobbling together. A little hint to guys (because lets face it, 99% are guys) who direct sports... the celebrities we're interested are already there, they're in uniforms with their names on the back.

I really feel that the Pope's death has taken the thunder from Mitch Hedberg's passing.

I just want to talk about a couple of movies for a second. I'm seeing Sin City sometime this weekend, and I expect my ass to be literally blown off.

Fever Pitch... Baseball movies are only about baseball half the time, and this seems like one of those movies, in the way Jerry McGuire is a football movie. I don't really like either of them, but Jimmy Fallon is much worse than Tom Cruise. Baseball movies do translate very well to the realm of obsession, in the way White Noise was more about a man connecting with his past than it was about EVP. It can still be a good movie, but don't go in expecting Major League-style comedy.


Now Playing - I'm From There by The Bouncing Souls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home