Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Rants aplenty!

Now Playing - I'll Be Here Awhile by 311


Now, I've tried to refrain from mentioning Terry Schiavo, but I find that there's just something that I have to say. Everyone is trying to do something for her, help her die, help her live, and everything in between. The one thing nobody seems to be willing or able to do is to let this poor woman die in dignity. Nobody should want to know how sunken in her eyes have become or how calm she is.

Ok, on to something else. Looks like the US senate is trying to reinstate Roger Maris' record of 61 home runs. Basically, the thought there is that Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire, the only three player to have broken the record have all been on steroids. Good! But how are you going to prove retroactively that these guys were on the juice? Bonds and McGwire both have accusers in the form of BALCO and Canseco, respectively, but nobody has come out and said they know for sure Sammy Sosa (The only guy to break the record three times) was on 'roids. I don't really have a point, more of an opinion.

Dear god help me, I'm actually optimistic about the Blue Jays this season... at this point, I'm like a homeless person who sees an empty lunchbox and hopes there's a full meal inside, only to find it empty. Yet I still keep checking, because on the off chance you find something good, you don't want to miss it because you're a pessimist.

To get off Baseball, I was at a great LAN this weekend run by the folks over on the Red vs Blue boards, and I will now commence 'shout-outing' Lukie, Redhott, Shashi (ladies first, of course) Dimono, Microbe, loopster, TheGame, Cobra Commander and... crap, I forget who else, oh well, a good time was had by all, and I won a hippo! I'll have a pic up soon.

Now Playing - Come Down by Bush

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home