Tuesday, March 08, 2005

News & Ruminations

Now Playing - I Like It Down Here by Euphoraphonic

Well, it's been a ew das since I had anything to say, and guess what? I'm an Uncle!. On Sunday, Anne and Ross gave birth (Well, Anne gave birth, Ross was more involved in the creative process) to a beautiful girl. This means that of course, I get to play the doting uncle, after years of joking about being Uncle John, now I am one. An interesting note, in the 24 hours following her birth, I already had numerous pictures as well as a video waiting for me in my email. This kid better be ready to have every second of her life documented, because I imagine that's what's going to happen. Interestingly, she shares her birthday with Shaquille O'Neal... I don't know if that means anthing or not, but I find it interesting.

I've just a couple of other things that have been on my mind. Does the DooM movie even need a plot? It's got The Rock in it and a tonne of stuff blowing up... I'd pay matinee prices to see that.

One thing this NHL strike has taught me is that I can get along just fine without NHL hockey, yeah I miss it a little bit, but not as much as I thought I would. Ask me about it when the first couple of rounds of the playoffs would be playing and I might change my tune, but I've been doing fine so far.

Spring has sprung, the grass has risen, time to get ready for baseball season. Ok, I know that rhyme sucked, but it is true, I can honestly say that the Jays will do better this year than last. Might not be much better, but there will be an improvement.

Finally is it just me or has here not been a really good book released in a while?

Now Playing - If I Ever Lose My Faith by Sting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home