Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Baseball and Reality TV

Nothing serious in this post, just a couple of things I've had thoughts about.

Jose Canseco has, in his book described instances where he personally injected Mark McGuire with steroids and introduced the drug to Juan Gonzalez, Ivan 'pudge' Rodriguez, and Rafael Palmeiro. No I don't care too much about what he did, baseball is rampant with steroid use and everyone knows it... (I, for one, would like to see steroid baseball, with 150 mph fastballs and 700 foot homeruns) One thing you always hear form retired athletes is that the first thing they miss is the team, the guys in the locker room. My onlt question is why Jose felt he had to name names in his book, now scheduled to hit the shelves Monday, the same day as his 60 Minutes interview. I'm very interested to hear what he says, hell, I might even skip wrestling to watch that.


Now, watching the season finale of The Amazing Race, they had previews for the next season. One of the two-person teams is going to be Survivor couple Rob and Amber. Having already won 1.1 million and a couple of cars from their efforts on Survivor All Stars (they were both on previous Survivors, but failed to do much, I have no clue how much they made from that), they take on The Amazing Race. I think in the near future it will be possible to write in on your tax form that your primary job is 'reality television contestant.' For some reason, I'm slightly sickened by that... only because I haven't been on tv yet, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home