Saturday, April 09, 2005

Abstract On A Theme

Now Playing - Little Know It All by Iggy Pop and Sum 41

Nothing really pertinent to talk about today, but I've been watching the last couple of Blue Jays games and the Skydom... uhhhm, I mean Rogers Centre looks great. The Jays have hit a bunch of homeruns over the past couple of days and there's one thing I don't think I've heard. The fireworks are gone! Those fireworks were th best thing about the ballgames during the lean past couple of years.

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later, the Canadian Women's hockey team finally lost, after winning 8 straight world championships, Canada fell in a shootout in the gold medal game to the United States. We're still really proud of you, girls, you'll get 'em next year.

*special post that means something to only one other person on the planet* Come back soon, I miss you.

For those you who are/were big Sesame Street fans, I beg you, do not watch cokie monster. Looks like, in a change designed to get kids to help think about what they eat, Cookie eats... fruits and veggies? Listen, I have no problem with teaching kids to eat well, have Beyonce come on the show and tell Big Bird that she loves Jay-Z because he 'knows how to eat a good cumquat.' Sorry, I've been sitting on that joke for a while and I felt I had to use it, no matter how obscure the reference. In all seriousness, Cookie Monster was one of the few true heroes of my childhood, along with Jimmy Key, Wendel Clark and Felix Potvin... I'm afraid I just won't be able to tape sesame street anymore to watch when I get home from work.

Now Playing - Hope I Never Lose My Wallet by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home